No One Loves Buyers More Than We Do
It’s important to us that all our buyers receive the best experience possible at our shows. It’s why we provide more perks and amenities than any other gift show in the U.S. After you’ve registered for IGES, and have started to plan your trip, this page will help you prepare to have the best shopping experience when you’re in Tennessee.
It’s important to plan ahead. Below is a checklist to help you prepare for your trip to IGES. Need more buyer resources before the show?
- Make notes on your best-selling merchandise/products.
- Hold a meeting with your staff for their opinions and feedback.
- Read industry magazines for upcoming trends. Or visit our blog to watch a few trend videos.
- Be a leader, not a follower! Know what is happening and selling in your area by doing your homework! Shop the local competition making notes on price points and merchandise.
- Register online to attend the show and to get important information about the show and the vendors that will be showing at the market.
- Make appointments to see vendors.
- Search the vendor directory, make appointments with vendors, send them a direct message or plan a walking map of how you will walk the show aisle by aisle.
- Make sure you bring your resale certificate and tax ID number.
- Bring your projections, O.T.B. and other docs you may need.
- Have business cards handy, keep them with you even during social events.
- You might also want to bring an extra notebook, a few pens, and a calculator.
- Bring your own order sheets if you like to have them.
- And of course, don’t forget your technology. Bring your computer, cell phone and charger.
At the Show
- Remember to start your day early.
- Use the show planner you printed out before the show or pick up the IGES show guide to map out your day. Note the booths and vendors you want to see or with whom you have appointments.
- Walk row by row, floor by floor. You never know what you may find.
- Don’t be shy. If you see a busy booth, ask what time would be good for you to come back.
- Network! It’s important to build a group of market friends that you can have lunch or dinner with and share experiences.
- Set a goal of visiting 10 new vendors per market.
- Write your order at the show! It can be overwhelming to try to do it when you get back home.
Buyer Bucks Program
The Buyer Bucks program is where IGES buyers can earn cash back on orders placed at the show! Buyers get rewarded with discounts and specials from exhibitors participating in the Buyer Bucks program. When a buyer makes qualifying purchases of $500 or more with an exhibitor participating in the Buyer Bucks program, the IGES show will reward the buyer with money back! ! A win-win for buyers and another great reason to attend and shop IGES in November! Find complete details here.
New Details Coming Soon
Show Site Events
New Details Coming Soon